Sports Rehab & Conditioning
About Sports Rehab & Conditioning
Sports Rehab & Conditioning at Active Physical Therapy
To us, every body is an athletic body. Active Physical Therapy incorporates a variety of our services into every Sports Rebab and Conditioning program. Our team holds the highest certifications in strength and conditioning, and we help athletes of all levels reach their peak performance.
What is Sports Rehab?
WHAT TYPE OF PROBLEMS CAN BE TREATED?
- Shoulder pain for overhead throwing athletes and swimmers
- Elbow pain for golfers and tennis players
- Hip flexor and hamstring strains from track and soccer
- Knee pain with running and jumping activity
- Shin splints from basketball, football, soccer, and running
- Plantar Fasciitis pain or other associated heel pain
How Do I know I'm Safe to Participate?
Have you ever wondered if you were safe to participate in intramural sports or recreational activity? Have you wondered how likely you are to get injured while participating in athletics? The Functional Movement Screen (FMS) designed by Cook and Burton is a series of seven tests based on foundational movements necessary for every day activity to help determine the likelihood of injury with recreational activity. Scores of 14 or less on a 21 point scale have indicated increased risk for injury.(1) Let the experts at Active PT help assess if you’re safe to participate in recreational activity and develop a program to help you safely and effectively compete in athletics.
(1) Chorba RS, Chorba DJ, Bouillon LE, Overmyer CA, Landis JA. Use of a functional movement screening tool to determine injury risk in female collegiate athletes. N Am J Sports Phys Ther. 2010;5(2):47-54.