About Pain Management
Pain Management at Active Physical Therapy
Living with pain does not need to be your way of life. Your body’s expression of pain will be different from other clients’ pain. Our team listens carefully to what you’re experiencing, observes your pain areas, and will use manual techniques to better understand what’s causing you pain. We do not believe in the idea of “no pain, no gain.” In fact, it’s our mission to relieve the pain and give you back your life.
What Causes Pain?
- Accident or injury
- Medical conditions such as arthritis, diabetes, or cancer
- May be without any clear incident
“All the body needs is credible evidence of danger to create pain.” – Lorimer Moseley, PhD
What are some common symptoms of pain?
At Active Physical Therapy, we know your pain is different from others. Here is what some of our patients have told us about their pain.
- Aching joints
- Poor sleep
- Irritable bowel
- Muscles spasms and/or aches
- Nerve pain or irritation
- Psychological distress
- Overall discomfort
- Soreness, stiffness or tightness
- Changes in appetite
“We can never share a pain experience like we can a vision experience.” – Lorimer Moseley, PhD
How Can Active Physical Therapy help?
- First, we can help by showing we care and by truly listening to your story.
- At Active Physical Therapy, we are experts at taking the information you give us and working with you for the best outcome.
- Our research shows that physical therapist treatment is an essential component of pain management.
- We may teach you some ways to condition your body to help reduce inflammation and pain.
- Conditioning muscles and joints correctly will often help to reduce pain.
- Our physical therapists also use treatments such as heat, ice, soft-tissue mobilization, massage, spinal manipulation, dry needling, or electrical stimulation to target certain areas of pain.
Active Physical Therapy Testimonials
I have went through PT at another location for months and realized I wasn’t making any progress. Coming to Active PT was like night and day – I learned more about my injury/body then I did in months at the other pt. You have to be willing to do the work but I could feel more confident
and building strength so I could function normally. I cannot recommend Active PT enough if you want to regain your life back. They are a knowledge and caring staff!
NEWPORT, KY LOCATION:
15 W 6th Street
Newport, KY 41071