First Visit at Active Physical Therapy
During your first visit with us, you’ll be introduced to your Doctor of Physical Therapy. Your physical therapist will ask you a variety of simple questions about your condition. Some of these questions could include when your pain started, how your injury occurred, and other general questions about your medical history.
Your therapist will perform an initial evaluation to test your strength, mobility, imbalances, and any other movement restrictions you might have as a result of your condition. Based on your results, your physical therapist creates a personalized treatment plan that best fits into your lifestyle. The personalized treatment plan aims to strengthen your weaknesses in order to get you back to your daily routines pain and difficulty free in the most efficient way possible.
We’re excited to begin working with you!
Helpful Tips for Your First Visit
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes early. We will verify your outpatient physical therapy benefits and fill out as much information as we can on the minimal amount of forms we have prior to your first visit. Our goal is that you can get started with your appointment as quickly as possible.
- Dress comfortably in loose-fitting exercise clothing and sneakers. You may want to wear or bring shorts if we are treating an ankle or knee
- We offer cash as an alternative to insurance coverage, which are often 50% the cost of most hospitals and doctors’ offices
- Please bring with you a valid form of identification (i.e. drivers license or passport) and insurance verification
- Save yourself some time by completing our intake form before your visit! Click here to go to our Intake Form. You can also complete the Intake Form prior to reaching out to us and we will contact you with the contact information you provide.
Do I need a script from my doctor to start physical therapy
No! Unless your insurance requires it, Ohio is a direct access state which allows anyone to start physical therapy without a script.
How much does physical therapy cost?
We take most major medical insurance policies and it depends on your coverage. Typically, physical therapy coverage is either a standard copay each visit, or you have a deductible plan where each visit can vary depending on the size of your deductible and how much co-insurance you owe. Reviewing patient claims, we have seen copays from $5-80, and co-insurance amounts from $3-150. It’s hard to give a blanket answer, so this is why we always verify your benefits beforehand and let you know exactly what you can expect before you come in!
If my insurance isn’t covered or I don’t have insurance how much is physical therapy out of pocket?
We offer a very competitive self pay rate of $125/visit. This covers an hour long session with no limitations of what you do: dry needling, massage, exercises, stretching, etc!
Do you offer payment options?
- You can pay your copay or estimated co-insurance at each visit. This ensures that your overall bill is either $0, or very minimal.
- You can pay a portion of your co-insurance to keep your overall bill lower. For example, if a visit is about $80/visit and you would rather pay $50/visit, we can do that!
- You can wait to receive a bill with your total. You will not be responsible for anything at the time of your appointment.
Active Physical Therapy Testimonials
I have went through PT at another location for months and realized I wasn’t making any progress. Coming to Active PT was like night and day – I learned more about my injury/body then I did in months at the other pt. You have to be willing to do the work but I could feel more confident
and building strength so I could function normally. I cannot recommend Active PT enough if you want to regain your life back. They are a knowledge and caring staff!